Students and faculty at Penn State Behrend are doing research on using hemp as an additive to plastic.
By Jim Martin
In the plastics lab at Penn State Behrend, professor Brian Young is leading a small group of students who are exploring ways to use hemp fibers as an additive to plastic.
It’s a project that would have seemed unlikely just a few years ago.
That was before February 2014, when President Barack Obama signed the U.S. Farm Bill, which established industrial hemp as a legal crop, distinct from marijuana, clearing the way for universities and state departments of agriculture to conduct research projects into the use of hemp.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Students and faculty at Penn State Behrend are doing research on using hemp as an additive to plastic.
- George Clinton: Doctor Funkenstein’s New Prescription (Cannabis)
- Cannabis products heading to Middlemore Hospital
- Cannabis Legislation 2017: We’re Tracking All Legalization Bills
- Cannabis Chapel the perfect site for couple’s Las Vegas ‘weed-ing’
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.