Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
Hemp Eyewear, founded in Edinburgh, is installing infrastructure which will allow it to expand its business
SCOTS sunglasses firm Hemp Eyewear has its sights on the luxury market as it moves into high-end spectacles for the first time.
The innovative start-up began trading from its Edinburgh base in 2014 after a kickstarter campaign attracted 150 per cent of required funding.
Founded by designer Sam Whitten, the firm takes raw hemp from Germany and subjects it to around 100 processes to create sustainable, super light sunglasses that are stronger than carbon fibre and feature high quality Carl Zeiss lenses. At just 22g, each handcrafted, recyclable and unisex pair is less than half the weight of a standard wayfarer model.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
- Treating Your Allergies With Weed
- You can smoke pot in this creative writing class
- MycoBoard Offers an Innovative, Sustainable Solution for Building Products
- Farmers in Italy fight soil contamination with cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.